Yoga For Healthy Aging Intensives
with Baxter Bell & Melina Meza
Upcoming Yoga for Healthy Aging Intensives in 2019:
June 24th-29th, 2019
Namaste Yoga Studio
More info here!
September 22nd-29th, 2019
Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health
This is a residential retreat.
Here’s what you need to know:
Yoga For Healthy Aging Intensive
This 30-hour course will provide instructions on maintaining your physical, mental, and emotional health as you age. The main focus of the course is on preventative strategies, covering:
- Stress Management
- Circulatory System/Heart Health
- Brain Health
- Medical Conditions (in general)
Baxter and Melina present the scientific background that explains how and why yoga works to foster healthy aging, so you’ll understand which techniques to use when. We’ll also teach you the essential yoga poses, yoga sequences, and other practices that will set you up for a lifetime of practice.
This intensive is designed for relatively healthy, relatively physically able participants of all ages.
Not included in workshop:
1) Instructions for seniors who cannot stand unaided and need to practice in chairs, and
2) Information about yoga as therapy for specific medical conditions
For certified yoga teachers interested in taking the Intensive, this course will provide supplemental, specialized training in yoga for healthy aging techniques, which you can then teach to your own students. For yoga students with one or more years of experience, this course will provide you with the tools to create a personalized yoga program that meets your particular needs and concerns.
For teachers who want YHFA Certification, you will need to:
- Attend an extra session at the end of the Intensive, where you’ll do a short teaching demonstration.
- Pass the take-home final that we provide.
- Provide evidence of your certified teaching status