Yoga Retreat in Yelapa Mexico
with Baxter Bell
Jan. 20-27, 2018
I am very excited to announce my 2018 Mexico retreat- “A Deeper Village Experience!”- as we will be interacting more deeply with the local village of Yelapa than in years past. After arriving in Yelapa, each day will include a morning and late afternoon yoga class designed to be accessible to students of all levels, including those very new to yoga. We will play with how the yoga practice is valuable as a tool for healthy aging, how it fosters community, and how it connects to the world we live in. And we will have a great deal of fun along the way!
The Deeper Village Experience Yoga Retreat is held in a unique setting. You will enjoy the combination of a beautiful sacred space to practice yoga, immersion in tropical beauty and being part of village life. Combining yoga, walking, hiking, ocean, river, tropical nature and being part of this Mexican village life affirms Yoga’s ultimate theme of Oneness.
The Sky Temple offers a beautiful view of both the ocean and the jungle. The mountainside setting holds both expansive views with the wonderful sounds of the constant lap of the ocean and the sights and songs of tropical birds enjoying the trees surrounding the studio. The Sky Temple was built with the intention of creating a sacred space deeply connected to nature for yogi’s to enjoy.
For more info visit www.yogainyelapa.com.
Yelapa, reached only by boat, takes people back in time enhancing the feeling of “getting away from it all” and invites participants to remember the simple life. Walking the beach, hiking in and out of the village, crossing the lagoon, walking up river, getting in waterfalls and climbing the sacred meditation path to the Sky Temple all create a sense of grounding in this other cultural world steeped in nature. This retreat is recommended for people who like walking and hiking.
Our week together includes walking the paths of Yelapa with the action of village life as children, adults, dogs, mules and horses all share the paths going about daily life. Yogis here are welcomed with smiles and have fun exchanging friendly greetings of “Hola” on the path. Over the years, the visiting yogis and yoginis have become appreciated visitors in Yelapa. Our evenings will be spent enjoying the best village hot spots for dining. Judith’s native village family, right in the center of the village, invites the whole group to a Taco Buffet Dinner with music and hot tortillas fresh off the fire made by hand held in their back yard!
Village Yoga Retreat Package Fees:
Fees listed below are based on using the lodging at Casas Garcias overlooking the beach.
Each casa is beautifully tiled with an ocean view, a kitchen, bathroom and variety of sleeping areas, filtered water for use all week and a personal lock box for valuables.
More info at www.garciarentals.com.
General Package Fees Based On Casas Garcias Lodgings
- Double Occupancy $1245 per person: Double occupancy arrival hotel in PV & 6 nights in Yelapa.
- Single Occupancy $1585 per person: Single occupancy arrival hotel in PV & 6 nights in Yelapa.
- Triple Occupancy $1145 per person: Includes one double and 1 single arrival room in PV for the 3 and 6 nights for 3 in Yelapa. A number of casas at the Casas Garcias fit 3 people comfortably. You will need to have 2 other fellow yogis to room with to take advantage of this option.
Suggested Gratuity: An added fee of $25 per participant in U.S. dollars to be collected and distributed to workers helping with the retreat which we will collect on last day of trip.
Your Package Includes:
- Complete use of the fully equipped stunning mountain Sky Temple Yoga Studio
- 1-night lodging in Puerto Vallarta
- 6 -nights lodging in Yelapa
- Boat-ride to/from Yelapa in our designated boat is included, but participants using other boats will have to pay for their own travel. Judith encourages everyone travel together on the group boat.–
- All transfer of luggage from hotel in PV to boat and then Yelapa lodging and return to PV.
- Meals Included:
- All breakfasts, lunches (except 1), packed lunch for waterfall hike, 4 dinners included in package.
- Simple daily breakfasts in Yelapa enjoyed in the privacy of your own casa in the mornings before yoga. Your casa will be supplied with light breakfast food and drink for the week.
- Delicious Mexican lunches will be held in the Sky Temple made up of authentic Mexican food filled with fresh vegetables cooked by the Sky Temple family.
- Dinners: include 3 group dinners in the village and a closing dinner (location TBD).
- A guided hike up river out of the village into the tropical jungle waterfall.
- A closing breakfast over looking the bay at the lovely Café Bahia before getting on the boat.
- Transportation in Puerto Vallarta (usually 30$ upon arrival airport to hotel and $10 for departure from boat taxi to airport)
- Meals in Puerto Vallarta: Participants pay for arrival dinner and breakfast in PV next morning (there is a simple breakfast offered at our hotel included in your room fee. If you want a bigger breakfast, you can get that on your own).
- Participants using other boats than our scheduled water taxi for the group will have to pay for their own travel.
- 1 Lunch and 2 Dinners in Yelapa are not included, but allow you to enjoy the great eateries in Yelapa. Wednesday & Thursday night you can explore eating in the village and Friday afternoon lunch in not included so you can have more time to spend on the beach or explore lunch in town.
- People who want to arrive earlier in PV or stay longer in PV or Yelapa are responsible for arranging their own reservations. You can ask for help or suggestions from our host, Judith Roth, if you need it.
To register for this retreat:
To reserve your spot, send your non-refundable deposit of $350 as soon as possible to
PO Box 20655
Oakland, CA 94620-0655
Please include your mailing address, email address and cell phone number, and email Baxter so he knows to look for your check.
Payment schedule: Balance due:
- $895 due October 1st, 2017, for double occupancy
- Anyone registering after October 1st should pay $1245 in full.
- If you are doing a SINGLE ROOM, your balance is $1,235 unless otherwise noted.
- If you are doing a 3 PERSON ROOM, your balance is $795 unless otherwise noted.
Before September 1st:
Full refund, if paid in full ($1245, $1585 or $1145), minus $350 deposit, or refund of $1235 for single occupancy, $895 for double occupancy, $795 for triple.
Between Sept. 1st and October 1st:
Single occupancy – if paid in full: $1585 minus $750 = refund of $835.
Double occupancy- if paid in full: $1245 minus $750 = refund of $495.
Triple occupancy- if paid in full: $1145 minus $750 = refund of $395.
After October 1st:
No refund unless:
1) the retreat is full, and
2) someone fills your spot
– minus $75 admin fee
(potential refund of $1510, $1170, or $1070 respectively for single, double or triple occupancy, only if your spot fills).
Sending in your deposit assumes you have read and understand the refund policy.
Once your are registered, additional information will be sent out well ahead of time for you to plan all the details of your trip!
If you want to start looking at airfares once you are registered, I recommend that you arrive in Puerta Vallarta on Saturday afternoon, Jan. 20, and depart from PV on Saturday afternoon, Jan. 27. This will allow you to have adequate time for cabs and water taxis and such.
Feel free to Contact Baxter if you have any questions.